The Catholic University of America accepts transfer students from any accredited institution. The following programs are agreements that streamline the transfer process for students who begin their engineering education at certain partner institutions.

Articulation Agreements with Regional Community Colleges

Engineering has partnered with pre-engineering programs at Anne Arundel Community College (Arnold, MD), Howard Community College (Columbia, MD), and Prince George's Community College (Largo, MD) to develop articulation agreements to makes it easier for students to transfer to CUA. Following these agreements which describe course equivalencies between Catholic University and our partners, students will be able to directly meet requirements of Catholic University's engineering programs upon completion of 2-year pre-engineering requirements at our partnering community colleges.

Additional articulation agreements with other community colleges are currently in finalization stages.

To facilitate the transition to Catholic University, prospective students are encouraged to contact Catholic University engineering departments to which they plan to transfer and discuss the program with the respective chairpersons.

3+2 Dual Degree Articulations with Liberal Arts Colleges

Over the years, Catholic University's engineering school has collaborated with several Catholic liberal arts colleges and universities to provide dual degree options for students. Catholic University has existing articulations with the following institutions:

Students from these partnering colleges usually complete their first three years at their home institutions fulfilling the requirements for their math/science degrees and then transfer to CUA for the final two years of study for their engineering studies. After completion of the 5-year program, students receive two bachelor's degrees, a bachelor's of science degree from their home institution and a bachelor's of engineering degree from Catholic University.

To find more about this program, students should contact representatives from their home institution or for general information, send an email to