The minor in Data Analytics is aimed at students majoring in engineering, mathematics, physical and social sciences, business, and other disciplines, and will enhance their preparation to enter the workforce and analyze large data sets in their chosen fields. It consists of 6 courses (18 credit hours) and requires a calculus prerequisite typically included in curricula for business, science, and engineering majors.
Requirements for a minor in data analytics
- Making Sense of Data (intro-level course DA 101)
- Introduction to Computer Programming with Python (intro-level course DA 124)
- The first course in statistics (MATH 114, MATH 309, or ECON 223)
- A second math course, Applied Statistics and Data Analysis (DA 314)
- Two electives in data analytics, chosen from among those developed for the MS Program in Data Analytics