The Mission of this RERC is to champion innovative rehabilitation technologies and approaches that will improve therapeutic outcomes among individuals with neurologic impairment. This RERC will develop and test home-based devices and techniques with the unifying goal of increasing spontaneous motor activity in the impaired limbs. Specifically, this RERC hopes to achieve the following long-term outcomes:
- Enhance patient-centered therapeutic outcomes through activity-based interventions.
- Promote commercial adoption of devices and subsequent successful market penetration.
- Expand access to rehabilitation by developing home-based interventions.
- Develop new tools for motivating and measuring spontaneous functional movement.
- Train a new generation of clinicians and engineers working with rehabilitation devices.