The School of Engineering prepares students for impactful careers through a variety of traditional undegraduate programs.
Our graduate programs provide advanced training for recent graduates and for working professionals seeking to enhance their skills and develop their careers. We offer master's and doctoral education in biomedical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, and mechanical engineering, with many evening classes to accomodate part-time students.
We also offer a number of special master's and graduate certificate programs designed for working professionals:
- Data Analytics graduate certificate and master's degree, designed for those with backgrounds in business, engineering, health care, and physical or social sciences.
- Additive Manufacturing graduate certificate, that helps you attain ability to make informed decisions made by managers and leaders regarding potential Additive Manufacturing solutions which addresses the needs of the Federal Government Agencies (Washington, DC area), and other public and private companies/industries.
- Engineering Management graduate certificates and master's degrees, design for those professionals that want to grow in their careers and perfect their management skills, it is oriented towards the management of engineering processes within the broader context of a company or agency enterprise.
In addition, employees of certain partner organizations may take courses towards engineering degrees on-site at their workplace:
- NVESD employees at Ft. Belvoir, VA
- NSWC Carderock employees
- NAVSEA employees
- Employees of Huntington Ingalls Industries - Newport News Shipbuilding